Ever since I was a young child, I have had an interest and passion for aviation. I remember as a child sitting at the approach end of Hemet Ryan airport, with my father, watching CAL Fire air tankers land and take off during fire season, building Lego airplanes and helicopters with Legos, and building and flying remote control airplanes with my grandfather. At the end of my sophomore year in high school, at the age of sixteen my parents generously offered to pay for flying lessons, receiving my first lesson on June 20, 2001. Four months into my training with 15.9 flight hours, I completed my first solo flight on October 16, 2001. A couple years later and with 65.2 flight hours, I earned my private pilot certificate on August 29, 2004.
In 2011, I was offered a teaching position at San Jacinto Valley Academy teaching 6th and 7th grade math and science. In this position, I was able to incorporate and share by love and passion for aviation with students through an after school aviation club and summer aviation program. In the fall of 2016, SJVA began the process of expanding the aviation program to include three high school aviation courses; Introduction to Aviation, Aviation 1 – Ground, and Aviation 2 – Flight. Currently, I serve as SJVA’s Vice President.
Website: San Jacinto Valley Academy Aviation
- Commercial Pilot Certificate – Instrument
- Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
- Advanced Ground Instructors (AGI)
- Instrument Ground Instructor (IGI)
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Administrative Services Credential
- Special Subjects Teaching Credential – Aviation Ground Instruction
- Career Technical Education – Transportation
- California Baptist University: Bachelor of Arts – Liberal Studies – Teaching
- Brandman University: Master of Arts in Education – Teaching and Learning